King Lear: RSC Shakespeare Text PB
King Lear: The RSC Shakespeare Text
William Shakespeare (Author), Professor Jonathan Bate (Editor), Eric Rasmussen (Editor)
Paperback: 240 pages
Dimensions:12.9 x 1.6 x 19.7 cm
From the Royal Shakespeare Company – a modern, definitive edition of Shakespeare’s bleakest and most profound tragedy. With an expert introduction by Sir Jonathan Bate, this unique edition presents a historical overview of King Lear in performance, takes a detailed look at specific productions, and recommends film versions. Included in this edition are interviews with three leading directors – Adrian Noble, Deborah Warner and Trevor Nunn – providing an illuminating insight into the extraordinary variety of interpretations that are possible. This edition also includes an essay on Shakespeare’s career and Elizabethan theatre, and enables the reader to understand the play as it was originally intended – as living theatre to be enjoyed and performed.
Ideal for students, theatre-goers, actors and general readers, the RSC Shakespeare editions offer a fresh, accessible and contemporary approach to reading and rediscovering Shakespeare’s works for the twenty-first century.
* An exemplary introduction to King Lear by award-winning scholar Sir Jonathan Bate
* The play - with clear and authoritative explanatory notes on each page
* A helpful scene-by-scene analysis and key facts about the play
* A rich exploration of approaches to staging the play
* Photographs of classic or unusual performances illustrate different interpretations open to actors or directors
* Interviews with three leading directors: Adrian Noble, Deborah Warner and Trevor Nunn
* An introduction to Shakespeare's career and the Elizabethan theatre
* A key facts 'box' summarizing the plot, major roles, language and sources
* A clear, single-column page design
* Recommendations for further reading on key critical approaches and the play in performance, along with recommended viewing
Rooftop vouchers - FREE UK delivery
UK delivery (up to 2kg) - £2.50
UK delivery (over 2kg) - £5.50
Overseas delivery, within EU - £6.50
Overseas delivery, outside EU - £7.50
Large/heavy item surcharge (overseas) - £25.00
Most UK orders are sent through Royal Mail packet post; this is a 3 day service from despatch. Overseas orders are sent by Airmail. For European destinations this is a 5-7 day service; for the rest of the world it is a 15-20 day service. See above for shipping prices.
We ship internationally, however certain heavy items may incur an additional charge due to the weight and final destination of the item. If this occurs we will contact you about additional postage costs.
Can I give a separate delivery and billing address?
Yes, during the checkout process you will have the option to specify both a billing and delivery address.
Can I send individual items to different addresses?
Unfortunately it is not possible to specify more than one delivery address per order. Should you need to send items to more than one address, you will need to place separate orders.
Can I send an order as a gift?
Your goods can be dispatched to any address you choose, however we are unable to add personal messages to your order.
Will I receive confirmation when my goods are shipped?
Yes; following your order confirmation we aim to process and ship your order within 5-7 days. In certain cases where your order is likely to be delayed, such as where items are out of stock, we will contact you. If you have any queries regarding the shipping of your order, please contact RSC Mail Order by emailing email@example.com
Tracking of orders
Most orders are sent by Royal Mail and do not receive a tracking number. If your order does not arrive within 14 days, and in the unlikely event you have not been contacted, please contact RSC Mail Order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org