William Shakespeare and Others: Collaborative Plays RSC HB
William Shakespeare and Others: Collaborative Plays
Eric Rasmussen (Editor), Jonathan Bate (Editor)
From The Royal Shakespeare Company, this is the first edition for over a hundred years of the fascinatingly varied body of plays that has become known as ‘The Shakespeare Apocrypha’. As a companion to their award-winning The RSC Shakespeare: Complete Works, renowned scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen, supported by a dynamic team of co-editors, now provide a fascinating insight into ten plays in which Shakespeare may have had a hand. A magisterial essay by Will Sharpe provides a comprehensive account of the Authorship and Attribution of each play.
Combining outstanding textual scholarship with elegant writing and design, this unique collection allows us to revisit the question of what is Shakespearean. It is an indispensable book for students, teachers, performers, scholars and lovers of Shakespeare everywhere.
* Jargon-free, on-page notes which explain the words or references that are unfamiliar to modern audiences;
* A key facts 'box' for each play summarizing the plot, major roles, language and sources;
* Inimitable introductions by acclaimed scholar Sir Jonathan Bate;
* Illuminating interviews with actors and directors who have staged the plays, including RSC Artistic Directors Terry Hands, Michael Boyd and Gregory Doran;
* Includes Sir Thomas More, which contains the only scene from any play to survive in Shakespeare's own handwriting, and the domestic murder tragedy * Arden of Faversham, in which Shakespeare's hand has been detected by recent computer-assisted analysis;
* Beautifully packaged and illustrated, with elegant jacket artwork and reader-friendly single-column page design.
Arden of Faversham
The Spanish Tragedy (with Additions)
Thomas Lord Cromwell
Sir Thomas More
The London Prodigal
A Yorkshire Tragedy
Mucedorus (with Additions)
Double Falsehood; or The Distressed Lovers
Cardenio: The Source
Hardback: 752 pages
Dimensions:17.9 x 5.8 x 24.4 cm
UK delivery (up to 2kg) - £2.50
UK delivery (over 2kg) - £5.50
Overseas delivery, within EU - £6.50
Overseas delivery, outside EU - £7.50
Most UK orders are sent through Royal Mail packet post; this is a 3 day service from despatch. Overseas orders are sent by Airmail. For European destinations this is a 5-7 day service; for the rest of the world it is a 15-20 day service. See above for shipping prices.
We ship internationally, however certain heavy items may incur an additional charge due to the weight and final destination of the item. If this occurs we will contact you about additional postage costs.
Can I give a separate delivery and billing address?
Yes, during the checkout process you will have the option to specify both a billing and delivery address.
Can I send individual items to different addresses?
Unfortunately it is not possible to specify more than one delivery address per order. Should you need to send items to more than one address, you will need to place separate orders.
Can I send an order as a gift?
Your goods can be dispatched to any address you choose, however we are unable to add personal messages to your order.
Will I receive confirmation when my goods are shipped?
Yes; following your order confirmation we aim to process and ship your order within 5-7 days. In certain cases where your order is likely to be delayed, such as where items are out of stock, we will contact you. If you have any queries regarding the shipping of your order, please contact RSC Mail Order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracking of orders
Most orders are sent by Royal Mail and do not receive a tracking number. If your order does not arrive within 14 days, and in the unlikely event you have not been contacted, please contact RSC Mail Order by emailing email@example.com